Clam chowder is one of the most delicious chowders, mainly because it has in it clams and broth. Diced potatoes are also very common ingredients too, like celery. With such tasty things in it, no wonder the clam chowder is so appreciated. Even if the basic recipe comes from New England, United States of America, Emeril Lagasse personalized it in order to make it even more appealing. You can read the recipe bellow and then watch the video to see how easy it is to make. You will find it wonderful and once you will cook it, you will surely want to repeat it or to try new Emeril Lagasse recipes.
Here are the ingredients:
- 1/2 lb of diced bacon;
- 1 cup of chopped leek;
- 1 cup of chopped yellow onion;
- 1/2 cup of chopped celery;
- 1 peeled and diced carrot;
- 3 baby leaves;
- 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh thyme;
- 1/2 cup of flour;
- 1 lb. peeled and diced white potato;
- 4 cups of clam juice;
- 2 cups of heavy whipping cream;
- 2 lbs of shucked and chopped littleneck clams;
- 2 tablespoons of chopped parsley;
And here are the steps you need to follow to obtain the delicious clam chowder Emeril Lagasse makes:
- cook the bacon until it becomes crisp in a heavy stock-pot;
- add and stir the leeks, onion, celery and carrot and saute them until they wilt;
- add salt and peeper;
- add the leaves and the thyme;
- stir in the floor and let the mix cook for 2 minutes;
- add the potatoes and the clam juice;
- boil it and then simmer it until the potatoes become tender;
- add the cream and simmer again;
- add the clams and let it simmer for 2 minutes;
- add the parsley and stir it in;
- add salt and pepper.
To make sure you know exactly what is there to do, watch Emeril Lagasse cooking clam chowder in the video bellow.
After you finished the clam chowder, taste it to make sure it has all it needs and add salt and pepper if you consider it should have more. Serve it in some pretty bowls and enjoy your meal. And if you like it, buy the book of Emeril Lagasse and try other recipes too.